Thursday, March 15, 2007

CRICKET LIMERICKS

A cricket Blog had run a contest on writing cricket limericks…As usual I stumbled on it a day or two too late. Yet, I felt intrigued enough to try my hand at it. The opening lines for 1 and 2 were given. The last one is totally mine. I have posted this entry in another blogsite where I frequent these days. Thought I’d put it here too….just in case A4isms is in someone’s blogroll…heh heh…wishful thinking!



West Indies are hosting the cup,
For Team India, it’s time to wake up,
Will they win tosses,
Make good old losses,
Or will India be sold again a pup?


They say the world cup is wide open,
Even for Johnston, Romaine and Davison,
Wright, Basher and Tikolo,
Can beat the stars hollow,
So, root the teams with new batsmen!


West Indies are hosting the cup
All fans, kids and grown up
Glued to Fox sports
And media hyped reports
Watching even replays and follow- up!


They say it is a lazy man’s game,
All just for money an’ fame,
Winning the matches,
With runs, extras an’ catches,
Is sure to shift all such trivial blame!

No comments:

Post a Comment