Tuesday, December 19, 2006

HOME SWEET HOME!

Am in India right now. Last few days had been hectic, with social obligations and shopping draining out my energy, and yesterday, I almost collapsed. Thank God for concerned sons! The emirates flight was equally exhausting... inflight food virtually sickening! I wish the airline would change their caterers. I didn't believe my sons when they had cribbed about the food served on their flight from Bangalore. But seeing, or eating here, is believing... and... it made me long for ( I used to think I'd never utter such a thing!) the Indian Airlines food. All that walking and shoppinng in the Duty Free at the Dubai airport had exhausted me and I had been ravenous... Now I know what it means when they say 'some people' cannot be choosers...!
Well, nothing can shadow the joy of landing in one's motherland, and I am in a state of euphoria. Tomorrow I leave for Bhadravathi early in the morning. Bhadravathi, with its old Mysore state atmosphere, THE sleepiest town I have ever been... but held close to the heart as my ' Appa and Amma' (as my call my in- laws) are there. The next month or so, I'll wake up listening to Sharada Aunty's carnatic music lessons to beginners... enjoy the sound of veenas and violins and vocalists echoing through the house. Life will be quieter, calmer, filled with sharing and caring.
Bhadravathi as my 'pukkaam' (sasural) deserves a full, separate post, and I shall do it at leisure.
Access to a PC may or may not be there, the internet centre nextdoor running either fullhouse or staying closed due to long lunch breaks and early nights. The charges are very fancy according to Appa, so I may not be very cyber-connected during the next 45 days. Let us see.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mam...this is Sandhya S..

    One of your students, passed my 10th grade in 1997 from St.charles High School, Bhadravathi.

    Remember me...????

    Please mailto: sandhya_san17@yahoo.co.in as i dont know how to contact you personally through Blogger...thereby posting this comment.

    ReplyDelete