Wednesday, October 11, 2006

RANDOM A4ISMS

NIDHI”S WORDS- DOGS, STUDY, AEROBICS

Who says you can’t teach old dogs new tricks? Take me for instance. On the wrong side of my forties, I have started a blog to air my random aphorisms to whoever wants to read it! It took me almost four months to make my dream a reality. Maybe I should have bought expert opinion from Blogging for Dummies…. Sadly when it comes to technical language and instructions written deliberately to confuse consumers, I am a certified ignoramus. Yet, some diehard instinct in me made me pursue my project and here I am.
Like I said, whoever said ‘you can’t teach an old dog new tricks’ either wasn’t a good teacher, a good learner…or didn’t have any interesting trick up his sleeve.
So how can I prove him wrong?
You better believe this. My mom learnt to convert audio cassettes into music files on her PC, compress them into MP3 format and select and burn CDs of her choice….. at the age of 65. Hello! Point taken?
I have a friend who after being a teacher for 10 plus years has gone back to study….to take an MBA degree…
Yours truly, in fact, is always ready to learn new things. Don’t think I am doing aerobics with words….. But you can definitely teach an old dog new tricks…. It depends on the dog, the trainer… and the trick!

THIS IS FOR YOU, NIDHI

STUDY,STUDY,STUDY!!! Trust parents to keep on and on and on at it! How can they expect me to study all the time! I wish I were like you, Zeets! Zeets wagged her tail in agreement…as she always did. She knew Nidhi was cheesed off about something. So she added a melting look in addition to her wagging. That did it!
Why couldn’t I have been born a dog? Wailed Nidhi. No exams, no need to study, no homework. Zeets! I envy you. Nidhi pulled Zeets by her ears and cuddled her.
Yeah? Thought Zeets, struggling to break free. Hello…. You think it is easy being a dog? What about all those days in my infancy when each of you used to call me a different name till you all agreed upon Zeets?
I had a tough time wagging my posterior end as though I was enjoying all those silly training sessions. Shake Hands, Sit Down, Heel, Fetch….. Each time I panted with exhaustion, You said ‘She is Smiling…. She is enjoying it…. And made me do all those
juvenile aerobics again… and again…. again…Thank God I met that Doberman who told me’ You better do what they say, immediately, fella…Once they show off how well trained a dog you are, they’ll leave you alone!’ “Or act cute,” said the Pekinese from the arms of the buxom lady in the park. Just stare at them with a melting look, add a lick or two and they’ll fall flat and start koochie kooing you.” Hey, I study better outdoors in the company of dogs than in the hands of you humans..!
Well! It is time to lick Nidhi’s ears and prance around near the door… or I’ll never be taken out…. Old dogs have new tricks under their collar…Heh! Heh!

1 comment:

  1. Now i know why they call it a dogs day or you work like a dog. This has brought back memories of my childhood days when i used to raise pups for my uncle and cousins when we were in a place called Mettupalayam on the foothills of Ooty. Good for a start. Keep it up.
    Bala

    ReplyDelete