Tuesday, November 28, 2006

K..K..K..KHAN HE DO IT?

So, Star Television has roped in Shah Rukh Khan to host Kaun Banega Crorepati! Can anyone replace the Big B? Can anyone be as suave, handle all that adulation -- all the fawning, flattery, ‘fan’tasy with such aplomb? I doubt if even the chip off the old block can -- even though B junior does seem to possess similar élan!
Ever since the genre of such quiz shows hit the small screen, I have witnessed many a matinee idol performing the role of the compere, none of them coming anywhere near Bachchan’s class.
I am skeptical about Khan’s ability to fit into the throne. Those grimaces he calls smiles, those shakings of head while getting his point across, pursing of lips…Oh No! Oh, Yes...and I can just imagine when a participant named Kiran would occupy the hot- seat. And I have a feeling there will be more of star smitten young things out there than real contenders for the crore.
If I were Samir Nair, I’d have gone for Naseeruddin Shah. I know I am ruffling the feathers of SRK’s diehard fans, but I want to get my views across as Kal Ho NA Ho…! And… DON know, maybe he khan pull it off… g..g...g..g..good luck to him!

No comments:

Post a Comment